Main Article Content
Although the demand of functional foods is increasing rapidly, and Vietnam is considered as a much potential market for the development of functional food market. However, there are many unsolved problems remaining in functional foods market, and these problems have never ceased to draw public attention and provoke debates. Thus, the purpose of this research is to investigate the factors affecting to consumers' attitude and how consumers' attitude affecting to consumer's repurchase intention. The research will be conducted based on the questionnaires' results collect from people who have used functional foods in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Questionnaires will be spread to consumers by hands and online survey. There are 260 responses are valid. The results show that there are four factors that positively affect to consumers' attitude. These are (1) Consumers' knowledge, (2) Perceived role, (3) Trust, (4) Subjective norms. Moreover, the findings also show that when people have positive feelings about products, they will increase their intention to products. Research also finds that trust is a direct relationship with consumers' repurchases intention. From this conclusion, the study gives some recommendations to increase consumers' attitude towards functional foods as well as the repurchase intention.
- Nguyen, N. T. Optimizing Factors for Accuracy of Forecasting Models in Food Processing Industry: A Context of Cacao Manufacturers in Vietnam. Ind. Eng. Manage. Syst. 18(4)(2019), 808-824.
- Nguyen, N. T., & Tran, T. T. Raising opportunities in strategic alliance by evaluating efficiency of logistics companies in Vietnam: a case of Cat Lai Port. Neural Comput. Appl. 31(11)(2019), 7963-7974.
- Nguyen, N. T., & Nguyen, L. X. T. Applying DEA Model to Measure the Efficiency of Hospitality Sector: The Case of Vietnam. Int. J. Anal. Appl. 17(6) (2019), 994-1018.
- Nguyen, N. T., & Tran, T. T. Mathematical development and evaluation of forecasting models for accuracy of inflation in developing countries: a case of Vietnam. Discrete Dyn. Nat. Soc. 2015 (2015), Art. ID 858157.
- Nguyen, N. T., & Tran, T. T. Facilitating an advanced product layout to prioritize hot lots in 450 mm wafer foundry in the semiconductor industry. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 3(6)(2016), 14-23.
- Nguyen, N. T., & Tran, T. T. A Study of the Strategic Alliance for Vietnam Domestic Pharmaceutical Industry: A Dynamic Integration of A Hybrid DEA and GM (1, 1) Approach. J.Grey Syst. 30 (4) (2018), 134-151.
- Nguyen, N. T., & Tran, T. T. A two-stage study of grey system theory and DEA in strategic alliance: An application in Vietnamese fertilizing industry. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 5(9)(2018), 73-81.
- Yang, M., Al-Shaaban, S., & Nguyen, T. B. Consumer Attitude and Purchase Intention towards Organic Food : A quantitative study of China (Dissertation) (2014). Retrieved from http://urn.kb.se/resolve?urn=urn:nbn:se:lnu:diva-34944
- Ajzen I., The Theory of Planned Behavior, Org. Behavior Human Decision Proc. 50 (1991), 179-211.
- Nguyen, N. T., Tran, T. T., Wang, C. N., & Nguyen, N. T. Optimization of strategic alliances by integrating DEA and grey model. J. Grey Syst. 27(1)(2015), 38-56.
- Tran, T. T. Evaluating and forecasting performance using past data of an industry: An analysis of electronic manufacturing services industry. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 3(12)(2016), 5-20.
- Tran, T. T. An empirical research on selecting the targeted suppliers and purchasing process of supermarket. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 4(4) (2017), 96-109.
- Tran, T. T. Forecasting strategies and analyzing the numbers of incoming students: Case in Taiwanese vocational schools. Int. J. Adv. Appl. Sci. 4(9)(2017), 86-95.
- Wang, C. N., Nguyen, N. T., & Tran, T. T. Integrated DEA models and grey system theory to evaluate past-to-future performance: a case of Indian electricity industry.Sci. World J. 2015(2015).Art. ID 638710.
- Fornell, C., A national customer satisfaction barometer: The Swedish experience. J. of Market., 56(1) (1992), 6-21.
- Jackson, S. E., & Schuler, R. S., A meta-analysis and conceptual critique of research on role ambiguity and role conflict in work settings. Org. Behavior Human Decision Proc., 36(1) (1985), 16-78.
- Ferrell, O. C., & Pride, W. M., Marketing: concepts and strategies. Houghton Mifflin (1991).
- Eagly, A. H., & Chaiken, S., The advantages of an inclusive definition of attitude. Social cognition, 25(5) (2007), 582-602.
- Siegrist, M, Sampfli, N and Kastenholz, H. Consumers' willingness to buy functional foods.The influence of carrier, benefit and trust.Appetite,51(2008), 526-529.
- Verbeke, W. Consumer acceptance of functional foods: socio-demographic, cognitive and attitudinal determinants. Food Qual. Prefer.16 (1) (2005), 45-57.
- Aarts, H and Dijksterhuis, A., The silence of the library: environment, situational norm,and social behaviour. J. Person. Soc. Psychol.84 (1) (2003), 18-28.
- Fogliano, V and Vitaglione, P. Functional Foods: Planning and Development. Mol.NutritionFood Res.49 (3) (2005), 256-262.
- SirÃ³, I, Kapolna, E, Kapolna, B and Lugasi, A.Functional food.Product development,marketing and consumer acceptance - A review. Appetite, 51 (3) (2008), 456-467.
- Ares, G., Besio, M., Giménez, A., & Deliza, R., Relationship between involvement and functional milk desserts intention to purchase. Influence on attitude towards packaging characteristics. Appetite, 55(2) (2010), 298-304.
- Annunziata, A., & Vecchio, R., Consumer perception of functional foods: A conjoint analysis with probiotics. Food Quality and Preference, 28(1) (2013), 348-355.
- Childs, N. M., Foods that help prevent disease: consumer attitudes and public policy implications. J. of Cons. Marketing, 14(6) (1997), pp. 433-447. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363769710186015
- Perkins, N. D., Post-translational modifications regulating the activity and function of the nuclear factor kappa B pathway. Oncogene, 25(51) (2006), 6717-6730.
- Promotosh, B., & Sajedul, I., Young consumers' purchase intentions of buying green products. A study based on the theory of planned behavior. Umea School of Business, Spring semester (2011).
- Menrad, K. Market and marketing of functional food in Europe.J. Food Eng.56 (2) (2003), 181-188.
- Shepherd, R.Social Determinants of Food Choice.Proceedings of the NutritionSociety, 58(04)(1999), 807-812.
- Ding, Y., Veeman, M. M., & Adamowicz, W. L. Functional food choices: Impacts of trust and health control beliefs on Canadian consumers' choices of canola oil. Food Policy, 52(2015), 92-98.
- Moorman, C., Deshpande, R., & Zaltman, G. (1993). Factors affecting trust in market research relationships. Journal of marketing, 57(1), 81-101.
- Urala, N and LÃ¤hteenmÃ¤ki, L. Attitudes behind consumer's willingness to use functional foods.Food Qual. Prefer. 15(2004),793-803.
- Niva, M., ”˜All foods affect health': understandings of functional foods and healthy eating among health-oriented Finns. Appetite, 48(3) (2007), 384-393.
- Hilliam, M. Functional foods: the Western consumer view point. Nutrition Rev.54 (11) (1996), 189- 194.
- Bech-Larsen, T., & Grunert, K. G., The perceived healthiness of functional foods: A conjoint study of Danish, Finnish and American consumers' perception of functional foods. Appetite, 40(1) (2003), 9-14.
- Nguyen, N.T. Performance Evaluation in Strategic Alliances: A Case of Vietnamese Construction Industry. Glob. J. Flex. Syst. Manage. 21(1) (2020), 85-99.
- LÃ¤hteenmÃ¤ki, L. Consumers' changing attitudes towards functional foods. Food Qual. Prefer.18 (1) (2007), 1-12.
- Babicz-Zielinska, E., & Jezewska-Zychowicz, M., Conceptual model of consumer's willingness to eat functional foods. Roczniki PaÅ„stwowego ZakÅ‚adu Higieny, 68(1) (2017).