Main Article Content
In this article we present numerical computation of pseudo-spectra and the bounds of Structured Singular Values (SSV) for a family of matrices obtained while considering matrix representation of SturmLiouville (S-L) problems with eigenparameter-dependent boundary conditions. The low rank ODE's based technique is used for the approximation of the bounds of SSV. The lower bounds of SSV discuss the instability analysis of linear system in system theory. The numerical experimentation show the comparison of bounds of SSV computed by low rank ODE'S technique with the well-known MATLAB routine mussv available in MATLAB Control Toolbox.
- Atkinson, FV and Krall, AM and Leaf, GK and Zettl, A. On the numerical computation of eigenvalues of matrix SturmLiouville problems with matrix coefficients. Argonne National Laboratory Reports, Darien, 1987.
- Kong, Q and Wu, H and Zettl, A. Sturm-Liouville problems with finite spectrum. J. Math. Anal. Appl., 263 (2001) 748-762.
- Ao, Ji-jun and Sun, Jiong and Zhang, Mao-zhu. The finite spectrum of Sturm-Liouville problems with transmission conditions. Appl. Math. Comput., 218 (2001), 1166-1173.
- Kong, Qingkai and Volkmer, Hans and Zettl, Anton. Matrix representations of Sturm-Liouville problems with finite spectrum. Results Math., 54 (2009), 103-116.
- Ao, Ji-jun and Sun, Jiong and Zhang, Mao-zhu. Matrix representations of Sturm-Liouville problems with transmission conditions. Computers Math. Appl., 63 (2012), 1335-1348.
- Ao, Ji-jun and Sun, Jiong and Zhang, Mao-zhu. The finite spectrum of Sturm-Liouville problems with transmission conditions and eigenparameter-dependent boundary conditions. Results Math., 63 (2013), 1057-1070.
- Vandewalle, Joos and De Moor, Bart. A variety of applications of singular value decomposition in identification and signal processing. SVD Signal Proc. Algorithms Appl. Architect Amsterdam, 1988, 43-91.
- Wilkinson, James Hardy. The algebraic eigenvalue problem. Oxford Clarendon, vol. 662, 1965.
- Klema, Virginia and Laub, Alan. The singular value decomposition: Its computation and some applications. IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, 25 (1980), 164-176.
- Golub, Gene and Kahan, William. Calculating the singular values and pseudo-inverse of a matrix. J. Soc. Ind. Appl. Math., Ser. B, Numer. Anal., 2 (1965), 205-224.
- Hestenes, Magnus R. Inversion of matrices by biorthogonalization and related results. J. Soc. Ind. Appl. Math., 6 (1958), 51-90.
- Kogbetliantz, EG. Solution of linear equations by diagonalization of coefficients matrix. Q. Appl. Math., 13 (1955), 123-132.
- Luk, Franklin T. Computing the singular value decomposition on the ILLIAC IV. Cornell University, year. 1980.
- Doyle, John. Analysis of feedback systems with structured uncertainties. IEE Proc., Part D , 129 (1982), 242-250.
- Guglielmi, Nicola and Rehman, Mutti-Ur and Kressner, Daniel. A novel iterative method to approximate structured singular values. SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl., 38 (2017), 361-386.
- Packard, Andy and Fan, Michael KH and Doyle, John. A power method for the structured singular value. Proc. 27th IEEE Conf. Decision Control, 1988, 2132-2137.
- Braatz, Richard P and Young, Peter M and Doyle, John C and Morari, Manfred. Computational complexity of µ calculation. IEEE Trans. Automatic Control 39 (1994), 1000-1002.
- Fan, Michael KH and Tits, Andr ´e L and Doyle, John C. Robustness in the presence of mixed parametric uncertainty and unmodeled dynamics. IEEE Trans. Automatic Control 39 (1994), 25-38.
- Wright, Thomas G and Trefethen, LN. Eigtool. Software available at http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/pseudospectra/eigtool, 2002.
- Reddy, Satish C and Schmid, Peter J and Henningson, Dan S. Pseudospectra of the Orr-Sommerfeld operator. SIAM J. Appl. Math., 53 (1993), 15-47.
- Ao, Ji-jun and Sun, Jiong. Matrix representations of Sturm-Liouville problems with eigenparameter-dependent boundary conditions. Linear Algebra Appl., 438 (2013), 2359-2365.